12 WAYS TO BOOST YOUR MENTAL HEALTH
Oct 2021 — by Luna.Reyes
Mental health is without doubt one of our most passionate causes that we try to bring awareness to! We found a super helpful article from our friends over at Mental Health America about how to boost your mental health and it's such a good read! We don't want to just give you a list of "ideas", but easy and tangible things you can do in your daily life. Here's a few of our favorite ideas we pulled from 31 Tips to Boost Your Mental Health!
1. Stay cool when your head hits the pillow at night! The best temperature to sleep at is between 60-67 degrees Fahrenheit! ❄️
2. Try something new! Have a friend over and cook them a new recipe, write a poem, paint, or find a fun DIY project you can do!
3. Each some chocolate! 🍫 Did you know dark chocolate is believed to improve alertness and mental skills? Eat a couple pieces every few days and boost that brainpower!
4. Download and print some coloring sheets! 🖍 Give your mind some rest and color for about 20 minutes to help clear your mind!
5. Sit back and relax in a warm bath once a week. 🛁 Pro tip: Add in some Epsom salts to help with any aches and pains!
6. Hang out with a pup. 🐶 or cat 🐈⬛ Stop by a shelter and spend some time with the animals! It can lower the stress hormone - cortisol, and boost oxytocin - which stimulates feelings of happiness!
7. Spend time with friends and family! Have a barbecue, go on a hike or hangout by the lake! People are *12 times more likely* to feel happier on days that they spend 6-7 hours with their loved ones!
8. Take a stroll through nature! 🌳 Go on a walk at the beach or hike your favorite trail. Research shows that being out in nature can give you more energy, reduce depression and boost your well-being!
9. Step outside and soak up 15 minutes of sunshine! ☀️ When your skin is in the sunlight, it makes Vitamin D which is believed to be a big mood booster!
10. Step out of your comfort zone! Do something you wouldn't normally do. You'd be surprised how much adventure and excitement it can add to your life, plus it makes for the best memories!
11. Keep a gratitude journal! 📝 Every day write 3 things you're grateful for and 3 things you accomplished so you can be reminded of how far you've come!
12. Book a getaway trip! ✈️ Take the vacation you've always wanted to go on but keep pushing off! Having a fun trip to look forward to can boost your overall happiness for up to 8 weeks! 😱
Trying to maintain good mental health can seem overwhelming, so pick your favorite idea and go from there! (You can find the full list here!) If you're not sure where to start, check out these screening tools provided by Mental Health America to start your journey.
Happy World Mental Health Day!💙
Shop our collections and help us donate and help those impacted by mental health conditions!
Comment below with your favorite idea you want to try!✨